Today I am feeling very thankful. A good friend of mine at work lost her mother yesterday and it has made me think an awful lot.
So without further ado…
TOP TEN THINGS I AM THANKFUL FOR TODAY:
1. My beautiful children. They are healthy and happy and they brighten my day always!
2. My amazing husband. I love you Jess! Thank you for always been the shoulder I need to cry on, the soft place to land after a hard day, my spiritual leader and teacher, my partner, my lover and my very best friend.
3. My parents. I have both of my parents as well as a stepmother and stepfather. Sitting across the hall from a woman who is only 10 years older than me and has lost both parents brings these things into perspective.
4. The relationship I have with my little Hannah Banana. The older we get the more we have in common. Now we don’t just look like sisters and act like sisters, we act like friends. Love ya you little munchkin.
5. My in-laws. ALL OF THEM!! But especially, Ginger. I love you. Thank you for always being there, fielding the medical questions calls and thank you so much for your prayers. I know that they help us through a lot of things. When I see you next week you are getting a big hug from this girl!
6. Having a job, car, house, food and the occasional new pair of shoes. I know that we are blessed in this economy. I know that while other people are worrying about paying for food this Christmas I am only worrying how I will have time to wrap all the presents and decorate the house.
7. Christmas. What a great time to remember the real reason for the season. My faith gets me through each and every obstacle that comes up and I am thankful to have the opportunity to truly celebrate my Lord and Savior, Jesus at this time of year.
8. My new found creativity. It is so nice to have an outlet for this. I have always wanted to craft and decorate and take on projects and now I finally am. (Going to Hob Lob during lunch!!)
9. Coworkers that are more than coworkers, that are friends.
10. Francine Rivers books. They have sparked by desire to read and devour a book again. (Start with Redeeming Love and then read Atonement Child!)
What are you thankful for?